Monday, March 31, 2008

THANK YOU!!!!


Friday~March 28th~ was my birthday!
My husband surprised me with a "Get Away"!
He took Friday off of work, the kids went to the grandparents',
and we had 2 nights in Downtown Iowa City, and a very nice hotel!

We had an amazing time! It was so quiet! Well, aside from the college students heading back to their apartments after the bars let out!

We also went to see the Cowboy Junkies:
http://www.cowboyjunkies.com/
The opening act Mary Gauthier:
http://www.marygauthier.com/site.php?content=home
was really amazing! She had a beautiful voice, and some great QUIRKY-FUN lyrics!!!

We had Indian Food at Masala, I had some great Paella at Devotay, and great burritos at Chipotle.

We hit some local shops, read books, and TALKED! It was great!

SO....

THANK YOU!!!! To all involved, my great parents and in-laws whom all took in children willingly,
my cousin for helping set up the room,
and my WONDERFUL, AMAZING, THOUGHTFUL husband for the best gift ever!

(Good thing I never got that pony, like I always asked for...would it be inconsiderate to write:
Thanks for the 2nd best gift ever??)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: