Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not a threat


We were out shopping for a new pair of flip flops for Gabi, since her new ones this season, have already broken. Will asked if he could get a new pair of flip flops, but I reminded him that he already had a pair--on his feet--that were new(ish). "But" I said and now regret, "I was going to look for a new pair of "crocs" for you, since your other ones have a hole in the bottom of them." He instantly lights up, and starts scanning the aisles. I start scanning too, wondering WHY I spoke before I checked out the selection.
They only had 1 type of croc and it was Spiderman
(HOUSE RULE #1,287, No Character Shoes).
"Mom, I can just have these..." "What is our rule buddy?" ~Groans~ "But mom, I NEED new crocs, and I can just have these!!" "Will, I will look at the other stores later this week, but I am not buying those crocs!" "Well, can we go to Wal Mart when we get home, and if they don't have them, then can we go to grandma's Wal-Mart?" **THIS is why I shouldn't have said ANYTHING!**I now remember**
"Um, no, we will not be able to go to our Wal-Mart, or grandma's Wal-Mart...not today."
"But MOM I NEED new crocs, maybe we could just go there really quick, we will run in, it will take us 3 minutes, and then we will get the shoes!"
"Well, not today buddy"
"BUT MOM, we NEED to."
****Remember that I brought this on myself, I opened my mouth to suggest that he is getting something new, without checking out the situation******

"Will, it is not going to work for us today! But I will keep looking for crocs for you. Now, you need to let it go. Is this going to be a problem?
Is this ALL I am going to hear about for the rest of the day??"

"NO! Not if you let me get the shoes."
(That sounded kinda like a threat).

No comments: