Monday, June 16, 2008

DAM! I wish I was your levee!

With much talk of flooding, levees and dams, the boys took it upon themselves to become beavers (makes their dad proud!) and to build a dam in our living room.
DISCLAIMER:
~no animals were in injured during this process~



First the beavers had to gnaw at some wood, to prepare for their dam.


Then with much tail power, they would pat down the sticks, and mud to make the dam solid!
Here are some hardworking, proud beavers!

Tucker is able to remain safely in his home due to the quality craftmanship of this dam!
Quite an involved process!
*And the clean up of the dam was your typical couple of weeks-long-process!*

Mom and Dad enjoyed time afterwards directing with phrases such as:
"Did you pick up your dam toys yet?"
"There are still some dam pieces all over the place."
"If you guys don't get this dam stuff picked up...."

You must make it fun for the parents as well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to compliment my wife on her excellent use of pop culture knowledge in that headline.

CharleyJax said...

Can I just say that I miss these stories every day?! I now want the boys to build a dam, just so we can tell them to pick up their dam toys.
=)

Callie-K said...

Thanks Will! :) I am pretty hip!

Beki~ Give it time, you will be able to fill in with profanity! :)
It is great!