Thursday, January 3, 2008

A dedication to the one that holds my heart!

Okay for those of you who TRULY know me, know that I like to joke around...so this page IS dedicated to Barack Obama, but REALLY TRULY Will is the one that holds my heart! So no worries!

What a great caucus night...all of my personal hard work, calling, talking, planning, postcard writing, button-shirt wearing....has paid off! As well as for all my family and friends that listened to me....over and over...and for all of us that STOOD for Barack...THANK YOU to everyone!!!

On Wed, Isa and I went to Muscatine and we got to meet Michelle Obama...she was simple wonderful, warm, open, honest....just one of us!!! Also barack's sister from Kenya was there as well....she was very sweet and took Isa in instantly!!! She even gave her own personal button to Isa! She LOVED that!!! (unfortunately no photos of this! )

But here are some of the last 24 hours in our Iowan world!




Isa, Michelle Obama, and Callie

These are the amazing cookies that my parents created!!!! They were a hit!
This is our Obama corner...at our caucus! Tipton has 3 precinct, we are precinct 2, due to our population IN precinct 2 we are allotted 4 delegates...due to total # of people in our precinct that turned out...we need to have 15 people in order to obtain 1 delegate and to remain "viable"...we actually had 2 delegates, HRC had 1, JE had 1 and BR was 2 people away from being viable....so 2 undecideds went with BR, to make him viable, so then we "lost " one of our delegates....so we got 1, HRC got 1, JE got 1, and 1 went to BR....I was fine with losing a delegate to BR, I have liked him! Get this...we had 87 people in our precinct show up...of that there were 35 for Barack Obama....19 for HRC, 15 for JE, 15 for BR...so we all tied, since we had lost our one delegate! The other precincts in Tipton only had 3 viable canidates, so Obama got 2-3 delegates in those precincts! But it has just been an amazing stand across the state of Iowa! We hope this keeps going....there is a lot that this man can and WILL do!!!






Here is a picture that I took of Barack on a stop in Muscatine a couple of months ago! I just love how the Iowa flag is in the background!!!

2 comments:

Callie-K said...

You know I know a good thing when I see it!!
I love you too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey callie, I am digging those fancy cookies ... they are making me jealous just looking at them. ... I had to comment and say that is very exciting you've been able support Obama and even get to meet Michelle Obama - I have so much respect for her - what a smart, charismatic person! Anyway thanks for posting. Go bama!!
xo susan (will's buddy - and yours :) - from the iowa film pro 1 days)