Wednesday, January 16, 2008

KY Jelly, Drs Appointments, and Culinary “School”:



It has been a couple of busy weeks around here!
We have been to therapy appointments, 2 Doctor appointments (4 shots for Gabi) and a medication for Will (Guanfacine).
Our pictures posted today are of Will helping with lunch ~actually he made the whole meal~ of Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wa) . He cooked with wine, added his own chopped veggies, and added spaghetti sauce! It was yummy!!!

Will(son) and I made a trip to the pharmacist this week, to purchase his new medication. This antihypertensive is supposed to help with Tourettes, ADHD-like symptoms, and anxiety….
While we were waiting, I was looking through the shelves of medication for Advil Cold and Sinus, the only thing that can cure what ails daddy that 1 or 2 times a year he chooses to finally take medicine.
So I am looking and looking, and Will was just down the 6 foot aisle, looking as well, and then I noticed that he had popped the lid on something and was smelling it (he likes to sniff, and taste things….)
and he said
"Mom this one smells good"
—proudly holding up a bottle of KY Jelly massage oil!
I am kind of frozen at this point...like I have just seen a rattlesnake wrapping itself around my child's leg...don't move to fast,~ slowly~, don't alarm anyone...no one will get hurt. I started to have images of the KY Jelly falling, and then the dreaded announcement "Clean up in aisle 12, KY JELLY MASSAGE OIL , Bring something to soak it up." Then a small crowd starts to gather to see if they can "help" or rather figure out who spilled what! THEN the Wal-Mart talk will begin,
"Was she buying it?" "She let her son pick it out??"

MOM-"UUHH, put that back,please and come down here…."
SON-"I wanna look at these."
And the "great" thing is that NOW he can read, so before he starts spelling out TROJANS (this stuff is all at eye level, is that not wrong??), I am able to get him near me, and quickly we leave the over the counter aisle.
This will be a great story to pass on to him, in his 30’s!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That will be a good story for Will's future girlfriends!!:)